One of Android’s greatest strength is customisation. UCCW takes this idea further to let you customise widgets on homescreen. Even without rooting your device or installing a custom ROM or installing a special launcher, you can do some incredible things to shape your phone to be just the way you want it. UCCW, or Ultimate Custom Widget, is a widget that lets you place custom clocks, battery meters, weather info, and just about anything else right on your homescreen. There is a sheer number of skins available on Google Play and shared in various forums, and more skins are being added all the time.
Customization is often a difficult process, but not with UCCW. Just install a skin, and tell UCCW to show it or make your own skin. But before we go through that, let us see some cool skins.
* Images above are ramdomly selected
See more examples here.
UCCW offers a WYSIWYG (What-you-see-is-what-you-get) editor allowing to customise layout, fonts, images, shapes, etc.
- Basic info like time and date
- Custom texts
- Week bar
- Analog clock
- Battery level, status, bar and circle objects
- Weather info like current weather conditions and forecast with icons. Separate icons for night time.
- Gmail unread counters
- Number of missed calls
- Number of text messages
- Next Alarm time
- Next Calendar event and time
- Series effect objects
- Tasker variables
- Hotspots (actionable areas on widget)
- Image fonts for Hour and Minute objects
- Custom text for hour, minute, year, weather conditions etc to show information in a different language.
- Share skins with one press
- Each object has various options like size, color, alpha (transparency), rotation (angle) and other attributes specific to an object.